Monday, April 4, 2011

My very first blog entry!!

Happy Spring! The weather was so fabulous here this weekend, we planted 3 citrus trees in the backyard, and cleaned out the garage!
Craig and I have made some pretty important decisions regarding the adoption.  We know we want to adopt domestically.  We recognize the need for adoptive families internationally, but that ocean is just too vast.  The adoption process itself is overwhelming enough, to add foreign laws, agencies, travel costs and uncertainties is just more than we're willing to take on.  We also decided that our only preference for our baby is healthy!! (As Craig says, "10 fingers and 10 toes, please!) We certainly don't care about gender.  I have just as much blue scrapbook paper as I do pink.  Nor do we care about race/color/ethnicity (choose whichever PC word you'd like).   I have never felt the need to have children that look like me, and I'm certainly not starting now!
Our next step is choosing an agency.  A week ago, I spent days on end being completely overwhelmed reading adoption books, blogs, message boards and websites about how to choose agencies, how to know if the adoption agency is a fraud, agency success stories & reviews from birth moms and adoptive parents and WAY too many horror stories.   The only thing I am certain of now is that I know less than when I started.
Baby steps, baby steps... we will find the right fit...baby steps.....

No comments:

Post a Comment